Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LAN-SAKES!


You look at this picture and see a ballroom converted into a LAN party... Well, I was there and it was really more of a WAN party. Let me explain. While some people were playing locally against each other, there was also a strong contingency of people playing games like Warcraft. I don't see anything wrong with that, but I hadn't been to a true LAN party since around 2001, so things have changed a lot!

I actually really enjoyed being around a large group of people who were all so caught up in gaming. There was a definite sense of camaraderie and good natured joking. It was also refreshing to see so many girls there kicking ass at games and taking breaks to watch Invader Zim.


The gaming towers did not disappoint. My own equipment has suffered many setbacks this semester, which had cut down on my posting and internet use. Due to age some of my computer tech died, but it burned out with glory, believe me. It was nice to see some computers with cool lights glowing around the room. Meanwhile, I brought my netbook to the party and it tried its hardest to let me play League of Legends.

There was also plenty of console gaming, including a lounge with Xbox 360's and even some older systems. Some of my cohorts were also playing Pokemon on DS against each other.

All in all it was an excellent night! The event raised money for charity and everyone seemed to have a great time. I felt recharged being around all those fellow gamers. Oh, and hey! I also got some vegan take out sushi, so huzzah! With all the pizza being consumed I had to find some deliciously gluten free to nosh on.

Tell me about your favorite or least favorite LAN party experiences in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment