Thursday, April 29, 2010

8-bit with Perler Beads

Anyone who frequents video game blogs has probably seen the 8-bit bead sprites made with a variety of medium including perler beads.

I will confess I have never used perler beads before, but I really wanted to try it out.

The first two creations are below. The heart turned out a bit better because it was the second run and I got a better hang of how much pressure to use when ironing the beads together. Irons and I are not friends...















Cut Man may seem like an odd choice for a first time spriter, but we were limited by the shape of the then available perler boards and the bead colours. I have now been able to track down a larger square perler board and more beads, so I am planning on making some larger sprites.

Let me warn you...having cats around makes this a much more difficult task. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment