Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Harry Potter in China

Years ago I spent a year working in China. While I was there I was lucky enough to find a one-night showing of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in English. That particular print had Chinese sub-titles. The usual showing was dubbed in Chinese.

While I was working on a project for a course I got out my big scrapbook of memories from China and was delighted by this page. You can see my theatre ticket in the upper right, a promo card I got at the theatre, the theatre's business card and a blurb in the local English weekly newspaper.

I recall it being a very nice place with a good sound system and stadium seating. There were very few people present for the English showing. I was so happy to not miss seeing this film in the theatre.

Now, my trip to Hong Kong to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is another story for another time...

1 comment:

  1. Damn, that's cool. The only place I've ever been outside the States is Canada, lol.

    ReplyDelete