Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wonderwoman, Valkryie and Green Arrow

What a combination!

My pull list this week was small compared to last week when I picked up a backlog of stuff that my schedule had not allowed me access to. Whew.

Here's what I got:

Wonder Woman 603

We are a few issues into the new storyline and the infamous costume. How's it hold up? Well aside from the changes in costume and this completely different origin the essence of Wonder Woman is there. The first two issues were gritty and urban in appearance and since then we have transitioned to a sparese, mountainous region and...minor spoiler, the underworld itself. It's still very unclear what is going on in the grand scheme of things, but continues to be engaging. The new costume looks awesome when she fights by the way.

Valkryie

This is a Women of Marvel 1-shot. My enabler, er... the shop guy had a stack of them to put out and told me to check it out. Marvel's 2010 Year of Women continues to be really fantastic and I hope that they realize they can keep it going. I'd hate to see these one shots stop. Hopefully they continue to highlight female characters as the years go on, even if it's a few a year. The art is really nice. Many pages have a golden sheen to them that is very subtle.

Green Arrow 4

Wow. Green Arrow's world has been very interesting and messed up. I have really been in to the Blackest Night to Brightest Day elements since they started. I love it. I don't want to go to much into this issue because there has been a lot of storytelling up to now. It's the Fourth out, so if you haven't checked it out yet you can probably still get a hold of the earlier issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment