Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nerdifacts Returns

From the vault of random nerdy artifacts from my past I bring you.....

This is a much more recent photo as you might be able to tell by the LOTR banner. This is me in 2003 on my way to some sort of Rainbow Masquerade party after I tried dying my blonde hair red. That LOTR banner went up anywhere I lived with high enough ceilings and was a gift from a female friend who managed a movie theatre. Yes, I love the writing of Tolkien. A few months later I would go on to write my B.A. thesis on the problematics in analyzing LOTR as a novel using Bakhtin.

In the back you can also see my iBook sucking power from the wall. That was my living room. Pretty minimal, eh? As far as I can remember that picture was taken around this time those seven years ago.

Oh, by the way, the party was awesome. Thanks for asking.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's what I call a "blast from the past." Those socks are pretty funky!

    ReplyDelete