Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Arch Nemesis

In lieu of a comic book write-up I'll introduce you to my arch nemesis, Dr. Captain Osmotic Ricardo.

One crisp Autumn evening I was working late in my office, trying to perfect a cure for that feeling of let-down one gets after the elation of a good film or cool new toy fades away. Suddenly, a faint scratching sound, like a tree branch on glass caught my ears. I looked around and didn't see anything. Then before I knew what was happening I heard a swoosh, a pop, and I was out cold.

Walls of blinking red and blue lights assaulted my eyes when I came to and I could taste something burnt in my mouth. A chemical smell filled the air and I tried to look around. In a dark corner stood a young man of diabolical visage.

"So glad you could join us Chronic Geek. I'm sad to say that the research you were working on was destroyed when you fell to the floor. Muhahaha"

He came out of the shadows and glared menacingly down at me.

"The name's 8-bit Emma THE Chronic Geek to you chump" I struggled against the vegan leather restraints that held me down.

"Your face!" He wittily retorted.

He kept me in his secret lab and forced me to make him this:There's more to this story, but I'll save it for another day. The trauma of it all is rushing back to me too quickly. He and I have matched wits on several other occasions and I know at any moment I could turn a corner and see his FACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment