Friday, June 11, 2010

Superman Celebration


Today I drove to Metropolis IL, a long winding trip through beautiful Southern Illinois, to attend the annual Superman Celebration

I'll post a full write-up of the Celebration as the weekend progresses. Since it's Fishnet Friday I thought I'd report on the presence of costumed superheroes and fishnets...

We had several lovely ladies, but I only got a picture of one.

I've decided we need more men in fishnets however. I mean Spiderman is almost wearing fishnets; there are nets on his costume, ok webs. (I tried). I think characters like Green Arrow or Hawkman could wear some subtle fishnet gloves or sleeves. Aquaman. Hell yes.

Ok, I digress.

2 comments:

  1. How do you find out about these things? lol I never hear about them.

    If you like driving through the southern Illinois countryside (I LOVE it, and we do it often), you should head out to Chester sometime and see all the Popeye stuff. If you haven't already, that is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I find out about stuff. I had a friend when I was an undergrad who was obsessed with Superman. She told me about this years ago and then I remembered it and looked it up.

    However, that brings up a good point for me. I'm going to try to add a calendar to the blog with upcoming events!

    And I have not checked out the Popeye stuff. I should!

    ReplyDelete