Monday, August 13, 2012

Beautiful Geeky Wedding!

We had a fantastic weekend! The greatest highlight was our friends' beautiful civil union ceremony. I wish marriage was legal across the United States for everyone, but I'm glad our state has civil unions in the meantime.

So, how cool was this wedding? Well, the vows mentioned Adventure Time and zombies. Yes, they were also heartfelt and moving, but I loved that all the deep emotion was tempered with a glorious sense of humour. I laughed. I cried.

The wedding programs featured line art from Portal and one of the bride's did beautiful comic style characters for them. Later in the night we all got a chance to draw ourselves for the guestbook.

This was a great idea as it kept the children entertained and gave the adults a chance to be creative and whimsical. We really got into the spirit of the fun to decorate the two sides with a drawing of ourselves and the brides.

As the night wore on it was time to cut the cake. One of the brides is gluten-free, like me. I didn't realize that my Portal cake would be the one that the ladies cut. I was incredibly touched by this. Around me I could hear the gamers talking about how it was a Companion Cube. I kept telling people "the cake is a lie" because it was gluten-free and vegan.




No comments:

Post a Comment